Monday, June 23, 2014

Design Wall Monday - 6/23

Friday night, I went to a stitch night. I took this background that I had made at the retreat in May and the pieces for the applique.



This photo is very washed out, but it was always the best that I could do with my camera.

I worked on tracing the applique parts out on the fusible.

Photo: Prepping some appliqué! #darlingjillquilts #quilt #quilting

That didn't take as long as I thought it was going to. It must have been the company and the chatting that made the time fly.

I pressed the fusible to the fabric, cut out the pieces and began laying out the design. I had numbered the parts on the paper and it ended up being like paint by number but with fabric.

Photo: It's like paint by numbers... With #fabric !!! #quilt #darlingjillquilts #applique

And by the time we were ready to leave, I was done!



The color in this picture is much more accurate. I think the flowers help balance that out.

I am going to do some thread painting type work on the daisies, but I need to make sure I have the right color thread first.

6 comments:

Ted and Donna said...

This is so pretty and artistic.

Ramona said...

Beautiful! Love your fabric choices. The daisies just pop.

Beth said...

Nice! Something about good company can make those dreary tasks FLY! Me on the other hand, spent most of my time on Thursday helping other people with their sewing machines! When did I get to be the 'expert'??

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

So pretty!!

Bonnie said...

That will be lovely when done. I love getting things done while someone is entertaining me!

Jennifer said...

So pretty - love the appliqué - it just makes the quilt!